Top management of Ports & Terminals is increasingly under pressure to improve,
- Service Level
- Asset Utilization
- Berth Productivity
- Truck Turnaround Time
- Gate and Yard Operations
Typically, performance information is spread across multiple systems. Also master data is not harmonized across systems. Issue gets complicated further at Regional or Corporate level, as each terminal can have different application systems. Process to get performance status is manual, slow, error-prone and inflexible. It is also open to manipulations.
Top management may be flying blind in such situations. CEOs,COOs, Operations Heads, Commercial Heads desire to track all KPIs in one View. They want this in real-time, 24 x 7 and from anywhere.
“OneView on SAP Business Intelligence” is designed keeping this senior management need in mind.
OneView is designed with focus on top management’s requirement. It’s SAP version can run on proven SAP BW (Business Warehouse) and SAP Business Objects (BO).
Typically terminals have multiple systems like,
- Terminal Operating System (TOS)
- Time & Attendance (Workforce Management)
- Remote Crane Management Systems (RCMS)
- Fuel Management Systems
- Tyre Management System
- ERPs like SAP to handle Materials, Procurement, HR & Finance
OneView pulls data from multiple systems into SAP BW and visualizes it, using SAP BO. Below diagram depicts broad BI architecture for terminals with OneView.
Out of the box Dashboards, are designed using its global experience with terminals in more than 30 countries. Also, Envecon can quickly customize OneView with its Business Knowledge and knowledge of systems used in terminals.
OneView dashboards are designed for each senior role and each functional area like,
- Operations (e.g. Berth, Shift, Crane Performance etc)
- Commercials (Budget Vs. Actual, Break-up Cargo or Freight Type)
- Asset Performance (MTBF, Availability, Fuel per Box etc.)
- Work Force Management
Dashboards are visual, impressive and easy to use. Dashboards are available on Mobile (iPhone, Android and Windows).
Why SAP BW/BO ?
SAP Business Warehouse (BW) and SAP Business Objects (BO) is a proven BI solution globally. It is a trusted Business Intelligence solution, being used by large global Fortune 500 companies.
SAP BW pulls data easily from any system like TOS, Billing, Time & Attendance etc.. SAP BW is scalable and offers many standard extractors. It has in-built functionality for data cleansing, massaging and summarizing. BW can be based on Oracle or MS SQL database technology.
For turbocharged performance, management can choose SAPs in-memory HANA database. HANA can run 1,000 times faster than conventional technology. It helps top management in complex situations like predicting asset failures or future maintenance costs.
BW can easily combine data from different systems to give single source of truth. E.g. Moves from TOS and Maintenance Data from EAM Systems.
SAP BW and BO do not need SAP ERP and can run with any ERP or other systems..
OneView dashboards based on SAP BO are,
- Can be Real-Time
- Capable of doing What-If Analysis e.g. Impact of price hike
- Intuitive and User-friendly
- Can be accessed from anywhere on mobile
OneView on SAP BI bring following benefits to top management of Ports & Terminals,
- Terminal Performance in all areas at a glance
- Get single view from multiple systems
- Access it on mobile from anywhere on the go
- Impressive Dashboards
- Meaningful and relevant KPIs
- Tracks performance against targets
- Can be easily customized for any specific business need
- Enables quick decision making
Envecon is known for it’s terminals domain expertise globally. Envecon brought following strengths to OneView,
- Global experience in serving terminals in 30+ countries
- Understanding of top management requirement
- Understanding of IT systems used in terminals and its data structures
- Technical capabilities of SAP BW and SAP BO
“What’s Measured, Improves !” said management guru Peter Drucker.
Top management is responsible for tracking terminal performance accurately and in real time. It is responsible for reacting with quick and right decisions.
OneView with its impressive dashboards with relevant KPIs from multiple systems enables top management to track entire terminal performance from anywhere and take right decisions.