Maintaining Technical assets like (cranes, mobile towers, and transformers) is a complex and expensive task. Lack of relevant information at right time to technicians and decision makers, make process inefficient and expensive. Getting right information back in the system is also a challenge.
Movable technical assets like Rubber Tyre Gantry Cranes (RTGs) spread across large area. Also all such assets were outdoors and away from technical workshop. They are expected to have high up time.
Following are some of the pain areas,
- Inefficiency and extra costs due to technician not able to see assigned work in real time
- Extra efforts, delays and errors due to paperwork
- Delayed cause identification due to unavailability of maintenance history to technician at the spot
- Material availability is not visible to technician while at fault location
- Accuracy of labor reporting and component issues is compromised
- Management remained in dark about exact situation till technician came to base and entered data, correctly
Why SAP Syclo ?
SAP Syclo, is a Lightweight MEAP (Mobile Enterprise Application Platform). Syclo has multiple applications designed for key business processes.
Some of the features of Syclo applications include,
- Run on all commercially available platforms like Windows, Android & iOS
- Works even without network range and automatically synchronize when in range
- Work on tablet and smartphones as well as rugged devices
- Connects with EAM systems like IBM Maximo, Oracle and SAP EAM etc.
- Easy and intuitive user interface designed for field staff
Following are some of the key business benefits of Syclo,
- Immediate and automatic notification to technical staff
- Increased utilization of technical staff
- Zero paperwork
- Increased asset uptime due to quick availability of technical staff
- Quick resolution due to availability of maintenance history to technical staff
- Accurate and immediate labor reporting
- Accurate visibility of component availability
- Accurate and immediate component issues
- System reflecting real world situations
- Ability to take photographs and upload
- Decision makers could track and respond in near real time
- Accurate KPI tracking
SAP Syclo Work Manager is a comprehensive mobile solution for field service. It allows remote employees to manage their assigned work orders and service requests via mobile device. Also it enables quick and accurate updating back in the system. It works in off-line mode when connectivity is an issue.
SAP Syclo Work Manager enables quicker response time, higher asset up time, employee productivity and accuracy of data. It enables efficiency. Envecon streamlined and optimized this remote technical asset maintenance process with Mobile Field Service solution from SAP for one of its key client.