Yard needs to be used effectively if terminal wants to improve revenue and profits. There are several yard performance related KPIs like Inventory Aging, Inventory Levels need to be tracked and optimized. These need to be tracked in real time to react well in advance.
Most of the data is available in Terminal Operating System ,this data needs to be pulled and converted in meaningful and easy to understand information. OneView dashboards in Yard Performance area help decision makers with industry specific KPIs in a visually impressive format. All these dashboards are available on mobile,which gives freedom to decision makers and enable decision making from anywhere and anytime.
Below is one such dashboards in Inventory Analysis area
This helps you to foresee yard inventory performance and take proactive measures to overcome the hurdles. It provides a good visual representation of facts in real-time , this particular dashboard shows performance in areas like,
- Inventory Overview
- Capacity utilization
- Aging Analysis
- Service wise analysis
- Damage details
“OneView”- is a The Business Performance Management tool, which has dashboards for terminal to track performance in all areas. By representing reality in a simple but effective way to you, it enables you to take right decision at right time ,which is a key to improve the terminal performance.
Click here to get into OneView world
Supply chain is becoming global. Ports & Terminals are the main gateways from which this supply chain moves. Any delay in containers, causes big disruption in customer’s supply chain.
To plan in advance and avoid any disruptions in supply chain, customer expects to get container status 24×7 and from anywhere in the world. With advent of mobility and internet, they expect it to be available on mobile or tab.
Thousands of containers move in and out of terminals every day. With increased competition, terminals are interested in achieving customer loyalty through high customer satisfaction.
Traditional and manual customer support process costs lot of money. Also it is error prone. With customer expectations of 24×7 support and sometimes in multiple, languages, terminals have to either spend lot of money or risk of losing unsatisfied customer.
Interestingly, most of the information is available in Terminal Operating System in real time. But without limited access to this information, it remains in information island.
The best solution to increase customer satisfaction, reduce cost is to develop a Customer Self-service Portal. Such a portal accesses customer required information in real time from TOS and other systems like Billing etc. Such portals are secure, have multi-lingual abilities and available 24×7. Also can be accessed from anywhere from world and from any device. It can send SMS or emails to customer either on request from customer or pro-actively.
Below is the broad architecture of the customer self-service portal
Such a system can be enhanced further to show details like,
- Special Service request Management
- Container hold/released related information
- Showing billing information
- Payment processing
- Internal Management reporting
Such Customer Self-Service portals greatly reduce support costs. At the same time it increases customer satisfaction and loyalty
Port Community: What’s In It for them ?
Shipping business has many critical and external components such as shipping companies, customs, CFS (Container Freight Stations) and more.All actions of these organizations need to happen in synchronized fashion for smooth supply chain flow. This can happen only if right information is available at right time.
Customer service portal is a foundation to seamlessly connect with whole port community. Portal can be integrated with shipping lines systems to provide greater visibility of cargo to customer. Information like import availability, container booking and delivery information can be shared through portal.
It can be integrated with Customs, CFS and Trucking companies so that real time information, billing information can flow seamlessly.Also payments can be processed through this systems with direct update to accounts receivables in financial systems.
Why Envecon ?
Developing such a system needs intimate understanding of Ports and Terminal business. Besides it also need deep functional understanding of TOS and it’s data structures. Envecon has extensive and end-to-end experience with ports and terminals in 32 countries. This makes
Envecon expert and most capable IT service provider in Ports & Terminal space. Customer Service Portals also requires data to be pulled in real time. Since the application is web-based, security, performance and customer experience becomes more critical. Envecon has proven technical abilities in this space.
Explore Envecon’s SAP Service Portfolio
- Total Experience : 8 to 10 Years
- Skills Desired : Good communication, Convincing power, Strong analytical skills
- Preferred Qualification: B.E/B. Tech/MBA
- Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the organization’s business development activities and strategies that promote the growth of the organization by attracting new business relationships and expansion of existing relationships with the accounts.
- Accountable for large accounts with end to end responsibility of CSAT, revenue and targeted gross margin by proactively identifying needs and opportunities in the account.
- Proactively and periodically review with customer / BU Head/ Technology Partner on current performance levels of engagements in the account and plan actions based on the same.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout US, UK and Europe.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales & marketing plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force and sales promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales managers and sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives
- Write and/or revise proposal sections such as executive summary, implementation plans, Staffing plans, branding and marking plans, and other sections.
- Base Location:Mumbai
Enter your details
- Total Experience : 2 to 5 Years
- Technical Experience Requirement : Oracle DBA, IFS Solution Manager
- Skills Desired :
- 2-5 Years of experience on IFS Application Administration.
- Expertise on IFS Solution Manager.
- At least 1 year experience on Oracle DBA. SAP ABAP with experience in SD, MM,HR, FICO must.
- Hands on Knowledge on IFS Replication Functionality.
- Experience on IFS User Management, IFS Connect, IFS Custom Event.
- Experience in IFS Data Migration.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent.
- Product Experience : IFS Applications.
- Client Communication Skills : Is a Must
- Employment Nature(Direct/Subcon) : Direct
- Summary Job Description :
- Responsible to deploy and configure IFS Applications.
- Responsible to configure IFS Replications.
- Responsible for Database Administration of IFS Applications.
- Interact with Functional team and help them in Data Migration.
- Actively participate in project activities.
- Base Location: Mumbai
Enter your details
- On-site Experience in Years : 1 Year
- Total Experience: 4 to 8 Years
- Implementation Experience:2 full cycle implementation, Blue Printing, Localization, Roll-out
- Technical Experience Requirement : Good To Have
- Skills Desired: Using Solman for Global Template, Blue Printing, Roll-out, configuration etc.
- Preferred Qualification: Any
- Domain Knowledge : Experience in Logistics, Shipping, Ports, Terminal is highly desired.
- Product Experience : Solman
- Travel Long Term/Short Term : Should be ready to travel abroad for short term on client site.
- Types of Project : Implementations, Roll-out, Business Process Reengineering
- Team Management Skills: Good To Have
- Client Communication Skills: Is a Must
- Employment Nature(Direct/Subcon) : Direct and Sub-contractor
- Summary Job Description : Job involves managing Solman w SAP Global Template, implementation, roll-outs for our global clients. Should be able to talk to Functional Consultants, Clients. Create & Manage templates, process flows, and all other features of solman like bug tracking, scheduling etc.
- Base Location: Mumbai