Supply chain is becoming global. Ports & Terminals are the main gateways from which this supply chain moves. Any delay in containers, causes big disruption in customer’s supply chain.
To plan in advance and avoid any disruptions in supply chain, customer expects to get container status 24×7 and from anywhere in the world. With advent of mobility and internet, they expect it to be available on mobile or tab.
Thousands of containers move in and out of terminals every day. With increased competition, terminals are interested in achieving customer loyalty through high customer satisfaction.
Traditional and manual customer support process costs lot of money. Also it is error prone. With customer expectations of 24×7 support and sometimes in multiple, languages, terminals have to either spend lot of money or risk of losing unsatisfied customer.
Interestingly, most of the information is available in Terminal Operating System in real time. But without limited access to this information, it remains in information island.
The best solution to increase customer satisfaction, reduce cost is to develop a Customer Self-service Portal. Such a portal accesses customer required information in real time from TOS and other systems like Billing etc. Such portals are secure, have multi-lingual abilities and available 24×7. Also can be accessed from anywhere from world and from any device. It can send SMS or emails to customer either on request from customer or pro-actively.
Below is the broad architecture of the customer self-service portal
Such a system can be enhanced further to show details like,
- Special Service request Management
- Container hold/released related information
- Showing billing information
- Payment processing
- Internal Management reporting
Such Customer Self-Service portals greatly reduce support costs. At the same time it increases customer satisfaction and loyalty
Port Community: What’s In It for them ?
Shipping business has many critical and external components such as shipping companies, customs, CFS (Container Freight Stations) and more.All actions of these organizations need to happen in synchronized fashion for smooth supply chain flow. This can happen only if right information is available at right time.
Customer service portal is a foundation to seamlessly connect with whole port community. Portal can be integrated with shipping lines systems to provide greater visibility of cargo to customer. Information like import availability, container booking and delivery information can be shared through portal.
It can be integrated with Customs, CFS and Trucking companies so that real time information, billing information can flow seamlessly.Also payments can be processed through this systems with direct update to accounts receivables in financial systems.
Why Envecon ?
Developing such a system needs intimate understanding of Ports and Terminal business. Besides it also need deep functional understanding of TOS and it’s data structures. Envecon has extensive and end-to-end experience with ports and terminals in 32 countries. This makes
Envecon expert and most capable IT service provider in Ports & Terminal space. Customer Service Portals also requires data to be pulled in real time. Since the application is web-based, security, performance and customer experience becomes more critical. Envecon has proven technical abilities in this space.
Explore Envecon’s SAP Service Portfolio
- Total Experience : 8 to 10 Years
- Skills Desired : Good communication, Convincing power, Strong analytical skills
- Preferred Qualification: B.E/B. Tech/MBA
- Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the organization’s business development activities and strategies that promote the growth of the organization by attracting new business relationships and expansion of existing relationships with the accounts.
- Accountable for large accounts with end to end responsibility of CSAT, revenue and targeted gross margin by proactively identifying needs and opportunities in the account.
- Proactively and periodically review with customer / BU Head/ Technology Partner on current performance levels of engagements in the account and plan actions based on the same.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout US, UK and Europe.
- Assist in the development of the annual sales & marketing plan, specifically advising on realistic forecasts for each territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force and sales promotion programme plans.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales managers and sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives
- Write and/or revise proposal sections such as executive summary, implementation plans, Staffing plans, branding and marking plans, and other sections.
- Base Location:Mumbai
Enter your details
- Total Experience : 2 to 5 Years
- Technical Experience Requirement : Oracle DBA, IFS Solution Manager
- Skills Desired :
- 2-5 Years of experience on IFS Application Administration.
- Expertise on IFS Solution Manager.
- At least 1 year experience on Oracle DBA. SAP ABAP with experience in SD, MM,HR, FICO must.
- Hands on Knowledge on IFS Replication Functionality.
- Experience on IFS User Management, IFS Connect, IFS Custom Event.
- Experience in IFS Data Migration.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent.
- Product Experience : IFS Applications.
- Client Communication Skills : Is a Must
- Employment Nature(Direct/Subcon) : Direct
- Summary Job Description :
- Responsible to deploy and configure IFS Applications.
- Responsible to configure IFS Replications.
- Responsible for Database Administration of IFS Applications.
- Interact with Functional team and help them in Data Migration.
- Actively participate in project activities.
- Base Location: Mumbai
Enter your details
- On-site Experience in Years : 1 Year
- Total Experience: 4 to 8 Years
- Implementation Experience:2 full cycle implementation, Blue Printing, Localization, Roll-out
- Technical Experience Requirement : Good To Have
- Skills Desired: Using Solman for Global Template, Blue Printing, Roll-out, configuration etc.
- Preferred Qualification: Any
- Domain Knowledge : Experience in Logistics, Shipping, Ports, Terminal is highly desired.
- Product Experience : Solman
- Travel Long Term/Short Term : Should be ready to travel abroad for short term on client site.
- Types of Project : Implementations, Roll-out, Business Process Reengineering
- Team Management Skills: Good To Have
- Client Communication Skills: Is a Must
- Employment Nature(Direct/Subcon) : Direct and Sub-contractor
- Summary Job Description : Job involves managing Solman w SAP Global Template, implementation, roll-outs for our global clients. Should be able to talk to Functional Consultants, Clients. Create & Manage templates, process flows, and all other features of solman like bug tracking, scheduling etc.
- Base Location: Mumbai
Enter your details
- Total Experience: 3 to 5 years
- On-site Experience: Prior overseas exposure of 1-2 years at least in presales consulting or project management will be essential
- Presales Experience: 4-5 Years
- Key Responsibilities: Engaging prospects during initial discovery discussions about our service offerings/solutions and your insight into both business processes and the underlying technology.· Provide solution demonstrations to the prospect’s needs and the audience using SAP IDES or other demo software· Create and deliver customer-specific presentations and demonstrations, technical presentations, answer technical questionnaires, and define pilot/proof of concept activities.· Work with Regional Sales Heads and business stakeholders to develop convincing replies to RFI and RFP’s, and leverage your expertise to building appropriate solutions that give Envecon competitive advantage· Uncover evolving market needs/new features, and provide feedback and work with Practice Head and delivery teams to build new tools, methodologies and solutions
- Skills Desired : Minimum of 4 years of SAP functional experience with focus on FI/CO/MM/SD experience & minimum 4 years in a pre-sales role with consulting firm or SI partner of SAP· Strong professional business acumen and ability to communicate business value propositions to senior executives with the Fortune 500· An ability to dynamically map and align Envecon’s services & solutions to a prospect’s high level business opportunities· Prior overseas exposure of 1-2 years at least in presales consulting or project management will be essential· A deep understanding of the SAP product stack and future direction as well as new technology areas such as HANA, Cloud, Mobility, BI will be important· An expert in team selling environments with strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, in addition to being flexible and quick thinking.· Business analyst skills – good understanding of mega process areas such as purchase-to-pay and order-to-cash process, particularly in large organizations.· Mature consultative selling skills – candidate needs to be able to consult on best practices for Implementation, Rollouts and Support Programs· Ability to lead business case development workshops, produce business case reports, and lead multi-stakeholder and executive interviews.· Communication skills – candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.· Willingness to accept responsibility and ownership· Innovative, actively looking for solutions to problems, a catalyst for change
· Prior experience of working with SAP as partner or with partner alliance program will be added asset
- Preferred Qualification:Bachelors degree in Business or computer science (or similar).· Relevant Certifications from SAP on trainings attended for presales or new technology initiatives
- Domain Knowledge: Experience in working with IT Consulting
- Base Location: Mumbai
Enter your details
The primary objective of all terminals is to reduce the truck’s waiting time via smoothing the gate activities i.e. to prevent the gate from being a bottleneck.The time spent in waiting to enter the terminal is a consequence for the port performance.
Terminal operating systems with an integrated BI solution enable the terminal executive to manage truck and container movements at terminals, which integrate gate, yard and quay operations.
BI Solution designed especially for terminals, with right Dashboards, KPIs and Analytical Cubes will help to analyze collective truck turnaround time which helps in reducing truck idling times.
The gate, yard, quay are the most important activity sectors that take place in container terminals.
BI tool gives an analysis of gate wise truck turnaround time (in time and out time of truck), how many containers have been handled by each gate and also gives an alert if the truck wait time exceeds from the target wait time .
On a Weekly basis, each terminal reports the average in-terminal truck turn time. The average gate turn time is defined as gate in time to gate out time, in other words, how long the trucker is actually in the terminal. This measure does not include any time spent waiting outside of the gate before entry.
The below dashboard shows truck wait time (Real time) analysis:
Below dashboard shows Weekly Average Truck Turnaround Time at Gate:
BI solution helps to give an analysis of the loading and unloading of containers (full or empty) on terminal trucks in the yard, provide information of container tracking.