SAP-Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) is designed to manage complex logistics execution in supply chain. EWM efficiently handles all internal process of a warehouse efficiently – goods receipt and goods issue, complex cross-docking, slotting, packing and shipping logistics, as well as cross functional activities such as LSP (Logistics Service Provider) integration, labor management and analytics.
Additionally, SAP EWM offers:
- Cross-docking (planned and opportunistic)
- Yard management is new functionality in EWM with LES and RF integration
- Dynamic cycle counting
- Easy Graphics Framework for better reports and analytics
- Labor management including integration with SAP HCM as a new functionality in SAP EWM
- Graphical warehouse layouts
- Batch and serial number management
- Slotting, rearrangement and kitting
Figure below illustrates How EWM Added functionalities covers pain areas from Traditional WM:
Best-in-class Warehouse Management solutions includes:
- Inbound/Outbound processes with Putaway/Picking optimization process.
- Slotting and Rearrangement for a product
- Yard Management to monitor and manage vehicles.
- EWM Quality Inspection function
- Cross docking enables the products or HU’s from goods receipt to goods issue without putaway occurring in between.
- Value Added Services(VAS) for packing products, labelling, or kitting
- Packaging & Replenishment
- Environmental Health and Safety (EH & S) provide support for the proper handling and storage of hazardous substances in the warehouse.
- Support of mobile data entry/scanning devices (RFid) is an integral function in EWM
- Labor Management provides a series of functions that can be used to plan labor times and resources in your warehouse more effectively with integration with SAP HCM
- Wave Processing,Kitting to Stock/Order & Reverse kitting for Outbound deliveries.
SAP EWM System controls and optimizes logistics processes across the entire supply chain and ensures higher transparency through seamless integration with the SAP ERP system.Thus SAP becomes one single platform for all Logistics Organizations covering all verticals.Envecon expertise have In-depth knowledge and Business exposure to Implement any SAP functionality.
SAP EWM – a next generation Warehouse Management System , a highly standardized and efficient warehouse management system for manual and automated warehouse solutions with following key Benefits:
- High warehouse productivity / efficiency
- High inventory accuracy
- Reduced labor costs
- Better customer service
- Flexible modelling of warehouse processes
- Stock and process transparency
- Optimization in storage planning and process execution
- Seamless integration of Automation (RF, RFID, Pick-by-Voice)
- Integration in the overall SAP Logistics Solution
- Maximized storage capacities
- Reduced IT Supports needed for logistics
It’s time to adopt next generation warehousing automation techniques & achieve continuous improvement in supply chain execution.Implementing SAP EWM by leveraging warehousing system without spending too much effort & time will definitely turns into Financial,Strategic and Operational Benefits.