Envecon has successfully implemented first phase of IFS Applications 8.0 for two companies in Costa Rica.
One of the companies is an upcoming container terminal managing container cargo operations from Ship to Shore.
The other company is in the business of Dry and Reefer Container Repairs, Off-dock Container storage and Container Trucking. These are another satisfied customers and country on Envecon’s global footprint map.
Envecon was chosen as implementation partner to implement IFS Applications and integrate it with other third party applications. The implementation for the container terminal is in two phases and scope of the implementation includes, Finance, Procurement & Inventory including the IFS Warehouse Data Component (Inventory Bar Code Scanning), Enterprise Asset Management and integration with existing third party applications.
The Implementation is planned in two phases.
Envecon has used its own IFS implementation methodology based on PRINCE2 Project Management methodology to execute project in four stages – Initiate, Establish, Implement and Go Live. Project was managed in hybrid mode of onsite and offsite implementation. This has helped in optimizing TCO to big extent.
Business areas covered in first phase of this implementation in both companies are as below,
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Fixed Asset Accounting
- Taxation as per local Costa Rican Statutory Requirements
- Integration with Third Party Operations System
- For issuing Purchase Orders to Suppliers from IFS
- For invoicing Customers based on services provided.
- For bank uploads of vendor payments.
Container Terminal being under construction phase and expected to be operational by year 2017, phase 2 is scheduled in 3rd quarter of year 2016 and will have below business areas covered.
- Fault Reporting and Break-down Maintenance
- Calendar and Criteria based Preventive Maintenance
- Work Order Management
- Downtime reporting with proper downtime type
- Warranty Management
- External Repair Process
- Tire and Wire rope Maintenance management
- Equipment Fuel Management
The IFS process is a major improvement over their existing processes without compromising the required business controls.
Check out Envecon’s IFS Service Portfolio