For marine terminal operations, one of the key priorities are to service the vessel quickly, efficiently and improve the berth availability for additional vessel operations.
This requires some advanced planning that would enable efficiency in operations thus would improve the vessel productivity by measuring some of the key areas that would support the improvements
Some of the historical information from previous operations of similar vessel calls will be useful to create our own intelligence to reduce vessel waiting time.
- How many vessel arrived and how many discharged in current date?
- How many containers have moved in last one hour?
- No of lifts per vessel hour.
- QC productivity of vessel in shift, day and total vessel
- Line operator wise, freight kind and container size
- Yard Move analysis for the operating vessel
- And many more data points that would require analysis
Terminal Operations Intelligence (TOI) would enable a terminal to easily measure and monitor the key concern of rising vessel turnaround time ,which might be due to following reason:-
- Inefficient crane operations
- Yard delays that waste crane operator time
Following are the examples of how dashboards can provide Vessel Productivity:
Vessel Productivity analysis according to the Crane wise:-
Vessel Productivity according to the Categories:-
TOI allows Terminals to identify where the hold-ups are located and helps to effectively develop strategies to reduce delay and improve efficiencies so that preventive and corrective action can be taken.